Friday, October 28, 2011

Another tired 3 miles for my run

Even though my wakeup heart rate was 55 this morning, I was tired during my run. I ran/walked for 75 minutes (about 3.25 miles), going south from the East Pavilion in South Jordan and back. I ran for about 90 seconds and walked for about 30 seconds. After the first mile or so, I changed that to 70 seconds and 40 seconds. I walked a lot of the way back to my car, and when I did run, my running was for less than a minute and my walking was for more than a minute. I've been sleeping well the past few nights, and my wakeup heart rate is slowly coming down. However, my energy level is low. Part of my problem this morning was that I skipped breakfast and didn't go running until noon.

We've had night-time lows in the mid 20s (F), but the daytime highs have been in the low 50s. There was a 5-10 mph head wind during the first half of my run, and that might have contributed to my being tired. I think, though, that the main reason for my being tired is the lack of sleep I had for a couple of weeks. The four or five nights of good sleep have brought my wakeup heart rate down, but my energy level has remained low.

7 comments:

  1. Well, I am 60 and I hope I'm still running in another 16 years. I started when I was 18, still plugging away. I like your blog by the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skipped breakfast. Didn't go out till noon. Well, at least you eventually got out there and did something Allen - which is more than I'm doing at the moment. Cracked ribs are not very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No they're not. Are you able to walk without pain" How about easy swimming with a noodle to keep you afloat, thus allowing you to exercise your legs with almost no stress on your body?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just over three weeks ago now Allen so they're starting to mend. I've still some pain If I sneeze, cough or blow my nose, but I can cope with it now. Even managed a few reps today, See my Blog: http://oldrunningfox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. In May of 2004, my wife and I were in an auto accident. I was checked out at a local hospital and sent home with no injuries. Two days later I was back in the hospital as a code blue. I had a broken rib that was missed by the hospital, and that punctured my lung after I left the hospital, and my oxygen level went down to a very low value. I was in the Intensive Care Unit for three weeks while they got my body under control. Twice my family was called in because the doctors didn't think I would make it through the night. I recovered because of my strong body from running and having, apparently, good genes. I'm glad your cracked rib is mending.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's such a pleasure to know that there are men like you! You're a truly example to follow for present-day teenagers

    ReplyDelete
  7. You still have a great work done! Your one of a kind, not old people like you can do the same thing that you are doing now. :D

    ReplyDelete