Monday, October 03, 2011

A great 60-minute rest run/walk

I got to bed last night at a decent time, and after 7 hours of sleep I woke up with a wakeup heart rate of 53. I ran for 60 minutes and did 3.22 miles. I would have had 3.3 miles, but I took a long walking break in the middle of the run while I ate two small apples from an old tree near the path. The tree is loaded with apples, and I'll eat a couple each time I pass the tree. The tree, I assume, belonged to the farmer who owned the land. However, when South Jordan City got the strip of land that now contains the Parkway path, the tree ended up on the Parkway side of the fence.

I used a run/walk ratio of 1:20 running and 0:40 walking. That is 10 seconds more running and 10 seconds less walking than I was doing before the 5K race a week ago. The shade temperature was about 80 (F), and it was a great day to be outside.

2 comments:

  1. I've been sneaking apples too while out running - I can still reach the odd one over a certain person's garden fence! Here in England we call it scrumping.
    Good to see you're still getting out there churning out the miles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Runningfox,

    It's really nice to hear from you again. I'm not doing as many miles as I used to do, but I'm doing as much as I can with the body that I have. How are things across the "pond"?

    ReplyDelete