Saturday, October 15, 2011

My wakeup HR is still high, but ran/walked for 89 minutes

My wakeup heart rate was 57, still high but 4 points lower than yesterday. My wakeup HR has been 61-62 all week, even though I'm getting close to my 7 hours. I didn't feel energetic this morning but decided to go running anyway and to quit when I got tired.

I started at the East Pavilion in South Jordan and went north to the end of the trail. Then I came back to the East Pavilion and went about 1/4 mile south and back to reach 5.0 miles.

A couple of years ago, a new marathon and half-marathon were started, these races were held this morning. I found myself in the middle of the runners. There were runners everywhere. I noticed that most of those running the race were younger, thinner persons, but I did see a few older runners. I saw two or three really heavy persons. They were walking, and I hoped they walked the whole marathon (or half marathon), because they didn't look like they were in shape for either 26.2 or 13.1 miles. I saw one guy who looked like he was really in pain. He was a younger guy and was thin, but the look on his face indicated he was suffering. When I passed him, he was trying to stretch his legs, and when he looked at me, his face said "help, I'm in pain". I'll never know, but it would be interesting to know what type of training he has been doing. Most of the runners looked like they were doing OK. Quite a few of them smiled as they passed me, and some of them recognized me as an old person and said, "Keep it up". There was also a kids race, and I passed quite a few families doing that race. One girl, about 5 or 6 was running as fast as she could, and she kept looking back at her family. She had a big grin on her face that indicated she was proud to be running faster than her parents.

I'm glad to see a marathon and a half-marathon come to South Jordan. Doing those races will involve less driving than my going into Salt Lake City.

No comments:

Post a Comment