Saturday, April 16, 2011

Spring is a great time for running 6.5 miles

I did 6.5 miles today. The first 1.5 miles was walking in my neighborhood while two of my grandkids drove our electric jeep around. Later in the day, after half an hour nap, I ran 5 miles on the Jordan River Parkway. I'm really enjoying the two-phase timer that I bought. I have each phase set for 1 minute, and it beeps at the end of each minute, telling me I need to change pace. The tunnel under 106th South is still flooded, and I ran the 5 miles back and forth between 94th South and 106th South. I had planned on stopping at 4 miles (so my total for the day would be 5.5 miles), but I felt fine (although a little bit tired) and I continued another mile.

Spring is one of my favorite times of the year. It means the bitter cold of winter is gone. Leaves are budding on the trees, and blossoms are appearing. The ducks are leaving the river and going off somewhere to have babies. Today was that way. Temperature in the low 60s (F), lots of people and dogs on the Parkway. Lots of sun and almost no breeze. Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment