Thursday, April 21, 2011

Five miles at dusk

My wife and I spent an hour in the morning pruning the rest of our roses. This past winter was really hard on roses. I had to prune the sticks down to almost ground level before I found green wood and leaf-buds.

After we finished the roses, I was busy all day helping my wife get ready for an Easter party for our grand kids. I spent a good part of the day on my computer printing Easter pictures for my wife. Last night when I started printing pictures, I could tell the blue color wasn't printing. I spent a couple of hours this morning trying to get my ink cartridge filled and then finally going to a different store and buying a new cartridge. My wife had glossy card stock that I used for the pictures, and the pictures looked like they had been printed on photo paper. The glossy card stock is less expensive than photo paper. The pictures are old fashioned pictures of kids, rabbits, and similar things and look really cute. The pictures are on a CD that my wife bought a few years ago.

During the day we had a terrific storm pass through the area. Southern Salt Lake County, where I live, only had rain, hail, thunder, and lightning, but northern Salt Lake County and the mountainous areas east of Salt Lake City had stronger winds that blew over trees, knocked out windows, and shut down the power-system. I waited until the storm was over and I had most of the pictures printed for my wife, and then I went running. The sun was just going down when I started, and it was dark when I finished. The tunnel under 10600 South was still flooded, and I ran back and forth from 9400 South to 10600 South, as I've been doing for the past few runs. Actually, the water in the tunnel was down to about 2 inches, even though the water in the Jordan River is about four inches higher than it was last week.

I had a pretty good energy level for 3.25 miles, and then I started getting tired. I stopped to rest twice during the last mile, and the rests of about a minute each really rejuvenated me such that I felt fine. My wakeup heart rate was 62 this morning, higher because I only had about 5 hours sleep for two nights this week. I went to bed at the same time I usually go to bed, but I woke up after 5 hours sleep and couldn't go back to sleep. I did have 7 hours sleep (my normal amount) last night.

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. Because of reading the blog, I decided to write my own. I had never been interested in keeping a blog until I saw how fun yours was, and then I was inspired! In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon! Thanks for sharing with us….
    Injury prevention Toronto

    ReplyDelete