Thursday, April 14, 2011

I was tired today but got in 3.5 miles

I woke up feeling pretty good. Three grandchildren are staying with us for 10 days, and they wanted to drive a battery-operated plastic jeep that we have, so I postponed my run and went with the kids. We made two loops around the neighborhood where I live, a total of about 1.5 miles. My grandkids took turns driving the jeep, and I walked behind them. I felt pretty good during that walk -- high energy and a peppy feeling. About three hours later, I drove to the Jordan River Parkway for my mid-week run. Instead of feeling peppy, I felt tired, and when I reached the Parkway, I sat in my car for a couple of minutes wondering if I really wanted to run. I finally got out of the car and went south. I'd gone about half a mile when I decided the two miles from 100th South to 106th South and back would be all I could do. On the way back, I did mostly walking. It was a nice day to be out, pleasant temperature and sunshine, but not a nice day for me to be out. I also walked the 1.5 miles yesterday while the kids drove the jeep, so yesterday wasn't a full rest-day. Maybe that caused me to be tired today. What ever the reason, I'm glad I didn't push myself to go further today.

No comments:

Post a Comment