Sunday, December 02, 2007

When I fell, I fell on my buttocks and then onto my back

I've been having a sore buttocks since I slipped on ice. The pain started on Friday, two days after I fell. I haven't been having buttocks pain during my runs, and I've been confused why the pain was happening now. The thought occurred to me last night that I probably fell on my buttocks and then onto my back. If so, that was a good thing, because if I had fallen directly on my back, I probably would have had far worse injury. I'm 5 foot 8 inches tall, and my shoulder blades are about 5 feet off the ground. That is a large distance for them to directly fall onto the path.

One of the stretches illustrated on my stretching page is for buttocks. I haven't been doing them because I haven't been having buttocks pain. Now, I'll do them until my buttocks pain from the fall goes away.

2 comments:

  1. This soreness seemed worse than it was last night. This is probably to be expected since I'm sitting a lot during the day. Also, the buttocks exercises I'm doing will take some time to strengthen the muscles.

    I remember when I first started doing the buttocks exercises a couple of years ago. I had never had buttocks soreness, and I was surprised to feel soreness there. I don't remember exactly how long, but I had to do the exercises for a few days before the soreness went away. Haven't had that soreness since then, until this accident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been faithfully doing my buttocks stretches, but they are still sore. I must have hit pretty hard when I went down. Because of this problem, I'm walking but not running yet.

    ReplyDelete