Saturday, December 01, 2007

The medications I'm taking

My wife and I prefer not to take prescription or over-the-counter medicines, because we're concerned about side effects from those chemicals. Chemical companies don't do long-range testing on their drugs. So we don't use them. Instead, we use herbal remedies and homeopathy remedies.

I've been taking the following homeopathic remedies: Arnica tablets, and my wife has been rubbing Arnica gel into my back. Arnica is good for shock and bruises. I'm also taking Ruta, which is good for ligaments.

I've been taking the following herbal remedies: My wife rubs Dr. Christopher's Complete Tissue & Bone into my back several times during the day. That stuff really works. A couple of years ago, my wife's 76-year old Aunt fell off a six-foot ledge onto some rocks. She had several broken bones and bruises all over her face and body. My wife gave her the Complete Tissue & Bone ointment, and she quickly recovered with no complications of any kind. If you saw her today, you'd never know she had that accident. Starting yesterday, I've been having a mild pain near my shoulder blades, and almost immediately after my wife rubs the ointment into my back, the pain is gone for several hours. It is a very mild pain like that from a bruise. I'm taking a Cramp Bark (2 drops in a small amount of water several times during the day) to help ward off muscle spasms, and I'm taking Dr. Christopher's Relax-Eze to help me relax and sleep better.

I've been using homeopathy and herbs for almost 30 years. My wife and I like them, and we're glad we're keeping our bodies free from the chemical pollution of drugs. I chuckle every time I hear a TV ad for chemical meds that gives a long list of cautions and exceptions.

2 comments:

  1. I'm also leery of chemical supplements as not only are some unfounded, but those that work are so diluted they're worthless! I remember a book on home remedies, but can't recall the name...I need to do more research in the matter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that my wife and I feel the same way about this, so our use of medications isn't a point of controversy in our marriage. The issue of natural meds vs. chemical meds is very controversial.

    ReplyDelete