Monday, December 17, 2007

A heavy run today of 3 miles

Today's run was 3 miles on the Jordan River Parkway, and I ran at a slightly higher pace than on Saturday. My tailbone is still too sore to go faster or longer. I did have a better energy level than I've had since I slipped on the ice three weeks ago.

The temperature during my run was in the high 40s (F). The sky was sunny with a few clouds. No wind. A great day. I passed about 6 or 7 runners and one walker. I passed them because they were going the opposite direction; they were going much faster than me.

2 comments:

  1. Three weeks is a long time to have a sore tail bone! I'm worried for you!! Maybe you should see a doctor to ascertain nothing serious?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three weeks seems like a long time, but I was reading about it on the Internet yesterday, and the pain can go on for a year or more... My wife had a similar injury when she was younger, and she said it took months to heal.

    I have improved a lot in this regard. The only time I'm feeling pain in my tailbone is when I'm running. No pain from walking. I can now site for several hours without pain, when shortly after the accident I couldn't site for more than a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete