Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Ran a hot 5 miles

I ran 5 miles on the Jordan River Parkway again, and it was hot! The temperature was 93 (F) when I left home and 96 when I returned. I was late getting out (about noon), but I felt pretty good. I let my body set its own pace, and it set paces from about 11:30 to 12:20. My perceived effort was about the same as yesterday, and I enjoyed the run. I was surprised that I didn't suffer, emotionally or physically, from the heat. I think I may be acclimating to the higher temperatures.

Instead of talking walking breaks every half-mile, I took them every quarter mile, and drank my customary swallow of Gatoraid and swallow of water at each break. All together, I drank about 35 ounces of liquid.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for reading my blog. Would you like to exchange links? Syl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Syl,

    Currently, I'm not linking to other blogs -- there are just too many good ones out there, and I would want to link to all of them or none of them.

    ReplyDelete