Saturday, July 14, 2007

A great 10-mile run this morning.

I was on the Jordan River Parkway path a little after 8 am this morning, and I ran 10 miles. The temperature when I left home was 72 (F), and I felt good on the way out even though my wakeup HR was 53, a bit higher than it has been. I also felt good on the way back, even though the temperature was significantly higher. It has been about a month since I did 10 miles, and it felt great. I purposely am reducing my distance while I increase my pace, but I'm hoping to keep the ability to run 10 miles so I won't have to do a lot of work to get my distance back to 13.1 miles.

After I finish a run, I always go into the tunnel under 9800/10000 South to be in the shade while I stretch. There is usually a breeze in the tunnel, due to the funnel-effect of the tunnel, and that breeze really felt good this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment