Saturday, July 31, 2021

Weekly walking summary 10.575 miles this week

Monday. I was out about 7:30 am and back about 10:00. I didn't record the temperatures, but it was probably in the 70s (F) to the 80s. There was a nice south wind blowing with gusts about 15 mph. I walked three loops and was pretty tired when I finished, both from the heat and from the distance. One lady from our ward told my wife that I was walking faster, but to me it seamed like I was walking slower. At any rate, regardless of how fast or slow I was going, it was hot during the last lap.

If I was walking faster, that fact could account for my being tired when I completed my walk.

Tuesday.  I walked two loops plus I went 0.4 miles further for additional distance. I walked faster than I usually go and took fewer rest stops. I usually take 3 rest stops during the east loop and 2 rest stops during the west loop. Today I took 1 rest stop each loop. I did, though, take a longer rest stop at home between the two loops.

My goal this week is to walk  0.2 miles extra per day. I did 0.4 miles extra today because I didn't do the extra yesterday.  The temperature during my walk was in the 70s (F). The sky was cloudy for both loops and about half of the extra distance. There was a gusty south wind blowing of about 10 mph during the gusts. When the sun came out the temperature started to rise. Before that happened the temperature was uniform.

Wednesday. I was out at 7:30 am and back in at 9:10 am. The temperature was in the 60s (F) during my walk. I walked three loops and also 0.2 extra distance. There was a gusty south breeze of about 10 mph during the gusts.

Thursday. I walked two loops, plus 0.2 mile of new distance., and Judy walked the first loop with me. We left about 8 am, and I finished around 9:30 am. I went too fast on the first loop, and I was tired for the second loop and extra distance. There was a mild gusty south breeze of about 10 mph during the gusts.

Friday. I walked three loops and then walked 0.2 miles for extra distance. Judy and our grandchild David, walked the third loop with me. It sprinkled a bit during the first and during the extra distance. There was a mild south breeze blowing, about 4 mph. The temperature was in the 70s (F).

Saturday. I walked two loops and walked 0.2 miles for extra distance. I took a long rest before I did the extra distance. I was out about 8:10 am and back at 10.15. Judy didn't walk any of the loops because she was mowing the lawn. The sun was shining bright and the temperature during my walk was about the 70s (F) to the low 90s. It was hot when I walked in the direct sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment