Saturday, July 24, 2021

Weekly walking summary 9.375 miles this week

Monday. I went out about 7:15 am and was back about 11 am. I walked three loops, and Judy went with me during the first loop. We stopped twice to talk with neighbors, so the time getting back home was later than normal. The temperature during my walks was in the 70s (F) and 80s, and there was a south wind blowing with peak gusts of 10-15 mph. I felt pretty good after the third loop. I adjusted the right handlebar, and my arms seemed to not be as tired as they have in past walks. I was still tired in my legs a bit but nothing like last Friday. 

Tuesday.  I walked the east loop, and Judy and I walked the west loop. I was out at 8:45 am and back about 10:00 am. The temperature was  in the high 60s (F) when I left and in the low 80s when I returned. There was a south breeze of about 10 mph blowing, which felt good as Judy and I walked. 

Wednesday. I walked three loops in this order.  East loop, west loop, and east loop again. Judy walked the west loop with me. It was hot today. The temperature in the shade was in the low 70s (F) to the low 80s during my walk, but it was hotter in the sunlight. There wasn't much of a breeze blowing; just a very slight south breeze. Except for the heat, I felt fine after the three loops.

Thursday. I was out early, about 7:10 am, and I was back about 9:30 am. The temperature was in the mid 80s (F) during my walk. The sky was cloudy for most of my walk, and the cooler air felt good! There was a south wind blowing of about 10-20 mph on the gusts.

Friday.  I was out at 8:00 am and back about 10:20 am. I ran three loops, in the following order: east, east west. Judy walked with me for the second loop. There was a gusty south breeze flowing that made it harder to walk south, but the breeze helped me cool off a bit. It was cloudy during most of the loops but the clouds went away and the sun was bright and hot during the third loop.

After the 3rd loop, I was tired from the heat, but I felt good for the distance of my walk.

Saturday.  I walked two loops, walking the west loop first followed by the east loop. The temperature was in the 60s (F) while I walked. I was out earlier at 7:45 am. There was no breeze that I could detect. I was pretty tired when I finished. I was up every 1 1/2 hours during the night and put more Arnica on my back. My back is sore when I lie down in bed and I put Arnica gel on my back and go back to sleep for about 1 1/2 hours. It is not as sore when I stay up, just when I'm lying down.

No comments:

Post a Comment