Saturday, July 03, 2021

Weekly walking summary -- 6.025 miles this week

Monday. This week is a rest week in which I walked a reduced distance. I walked the west loop and then walked the east loop. While doing the west loop I stopped at Craig Young's house and gave him a copy of the Let's Laugh book. He recently had an artificial knee, and I figured a few jokes would help him deal with being in the house all day. Judy had planned on walking with me during the 2nd lap, but I couldn't find her when the time came to do the east loop, so I did it alone. I was out at 7:45 am and back at 9:30 am. I didn't check the temperature, but it felt like it was in the 60s (F) or 70s. Lots of sun!

I was pretty tired when I finished the two laps, and I'm glad this is a rest week. I did a  "heavy" walk of two laps, instead of the normal three laps.

Tuesday. Today is a continuation of the rest week, and I did a "light" walk of one lap instead of the normal two laps. I walked the east loop and was very tired at the end of the loop. It was all I could do to get my stroller up the four stairs to my front door and get the stroller parked inside my house.

There was a gusty south breeze of about 5-10 mph. I was out at about 8:35 am and back about 9:30 am.

Wednesday. I walked the east loop and Judy and I walked the west loop. I felt stronger today than I did two days ago. I'm glad this is a rest week, because I don't know if I could do more laps of the loops. Today, I did two laps of the loops instead of three laps. I was out about 8:30 am, and the sky was cloudy and mostly the sun was behind clouds. We may have thunder showers today, but so far we haven't had any storms. The temperature when I left home was in the 60s (F). There was a south wind blowing of about 15-20 mph.

Thursday. Judy and I walked around the east block. We left about 8:30 am when the temperature was is the 60s (F). There was a south wind blowing of about 15 mph. I felt pretty good when our walk was finished. Our walk was enough for a rest week of reduced distance.

Friday.  I walked around the east loop and then Judy and I walked around the west loop. I was out about 7:25 am and back about 9:20 am. The sky was mostly cloudy during most of the east loop, but the sky changed during the latter part of the east loop and all of the west loop, such that the sun caused the temperature to rise. The temperature was about 66 (F) when I went out and was about 75 when I finished my walks. A slight south breeze was blowing. During most of my walk, I couldn't detect any breeze at all.

Much later. Judy and I walked 0.4 miles to attend a going-away party for a neighbor. The temperature was in the 90s (F).

Saturday. Today is the last day of this rest week of reduced distance. I was out at 7:50 am and back at 8:30 am. I walked around the east loop. The temperature during my walk was in the  60s (F) to 70s.  The was a south wind blowing, about 10-15 mph. I felt pretty good when I finished my walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment