Saturday, June 26, 2021

Weekly walking summary -- 9.075 miles this week

Monday. I was out at 8:30 am, and the temperature was 63 (F). I was back about 11:30 am and the temperature was about 83. I walked the east loop, and Judy and I walked the west loop, and I walked to the corner and back, then I had a breakfast of french toast. There was no wind or breeze to speak of.

At 1:30 pm Judy said the temperature was up to 101. Even though I was late getting out, I'm glad I didn't wait until mid afternoon to go out.

Tuesday. I went out about 9:30 am, when the temperature was in the 60s (F) and returned about 11:00 when the temperature was in the 80s. My wife and I walked the east loop, and I walked the east loop again. There was a gusty south wind blowing of about 20 mph during the gusts.

Wednesday. I was out about 8:30 when the temperature was in the 70s (F).  I walked the east loop twice twice and the west loop once. Judy walked the east loop once.

Thursday. I walked twice around the east loop, and Judy walked with me on my second pass around the loop. It rained a bit, and it was raining during my first pass around the loop. Actually, it was just a light sprinkle during my first pass around the loop. The temperature during my first pass was in the mid 60s (F). During my second pass, the rain stopped and the sun came out. There was no detectable wind blowing.

Later: In the afternoon, we had a heavy rain for a while. I don't have any stats for the rain, but it was a heavy rain. We really need the rain!

Friday. I walked around the east loop twice, and Judy and I walked around the west loop once. The temperature during our walk walk was in the 60s (F), with a south wind of about 5-10 mph.

 Today I took my GPS with me and measured the actual mileage around the west loop. The numbers that I have been using for that loop have been my estimates, and the actual distance is a bit longer. Starting with today, I'm using the actual mileage instead of my estimates. The error in the west loop distance has been slight, and I am not going back to previous walks to correct the distance.

Saturday. I walked the east loop and Judy and I walked the west loop. I was out at 8:30 and back about 10:15. The temperature was 60 (F) when I left home. I didn't feel any breeze at first, but I felt a slight south breeze during the middle of our walks. My body felt strong during my walks, but my legs got awfully tired at the end of my walks. I didn't eat anything before I went to bed, and I thus was very tired this morning. The sun was hot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment