Saturday, May 01, 2021

Weekly walking summary -- 4.950 miles this week

Monday. Judy and I walked around the east loop, and then we walked to the corner for additional distance. The temperature was in the mid 40s (F) while we walked. It was raining slightly while we walked. There was a slight north breeze blowing of about  5 mph.

Tuesday. Judy and I took a rest day and walked once around the east loop. There was a north breeze blowing of about 10 mph. We were out about 1 pm. The sky was cloudy but no rain or snow occurred.

Wednesday.  I, without Judy, walked around the east loop, and Judy walked with me to the corner and back. I went out about 2 pm, and the temperature was in the 50s (F). There was a gusty (15-20 mph) north wind blowing.

I almost fell down during my  walk. I stopped to adjust my hat and a gust of wind caught me without a hold on my stroller. I fell forward into the stroller and regained my balance without going down. If the wind had been a south wind, I would have been blown backwards and gone to the ground, and probably to the hospital with broken bones (I had nothing behind me to break my fall). Fortunately, the wind blew me into the stroller, and I grabbed the stroller handles to regain my balance.

I push the stroller as I walk to help me keep my balance. The number of miles shown in the titles to my posts is the number of miles that I have pushed the stroller in a given week.

Thursday. Today I left for walking about 11pm. Judy did not go with me because she is getting an oil/filter change in our car. I walked around the east loop with a nice rest stop at the power box on Congressional. There was a slight north breeze. The temperature was very warm, probably in the 60s (F). I wore my winter coat, but I took the coat off after about 0.2 miles.

Friday.  Judy and I walked the east loop and then walked to the corner and back, for a total distance of 1.025 for the day. We were outside about 11 am. The temperature was in the low 50s (F), and I wore my winter coat for the first part; I took the coat off after about 0.25 miles, and it was warm enough that I was comfortable in shirt-sleeves. There was a slight south breeze blowing of about 5-10 mph.

Saturday. I walked around the east loop as a rest day. Judy did not go with me. The temperature was in the 60s (F), and it was nice to be out. There was a gusty south breeze of 10 or so mph blowing.

I'm alternating heavy/light instead of the schedule I have previously discussed. Heavy is the east loop and then the corner and back. Light is just the east loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment