Saturday, May 22, 2021

Weekly walking summary -- 5.125 miles this week

Monday. Even though she had a lot to do in her garden, Judy walked around the east loop with me. This week is a rest week so I didn't  go for extra distance. I was very tired when we finished the east loop. We left about 10:10 am and the temperature during our walk was in the mid to high 60s (F). There was a slight north breeze of 5 - 10 mph.

I think I was tired this morning, because I didn't have much for supper last night. Quite a few years ago, we were told by a Park ranger in California that the energy for hiking during the morning came from the meal we had for supper last night. Little food for supper last night means little energy for walking this morning, and that is exactly what happened.

Tuesday. I had a good supper and slept well last night. While Judy worked in her garden, I walked around the east loop and went to the Christensen's driveway for extra distance. I was a bit tired when I finished, but not as tired as I felt yesterday. The temperature was in the 60s (F) when I began my walk and probably in the 70s when I finished. There was a slight north breeze of about 5 mph while I walked.

In addition to the supper that Judy prepared, I had a can of soup about an hour before I went to bed.

Wednesday. I walked around the east loop, and Judy joined me for the additional distance, to the corner and back. I felt pretty good during the east loop. During the extra distance, I started to get tired, but I still felt pretty good, not nearly as tired as I felt a few days ago.

There was a south wind of about 10-15 mph, so a cold front is moving in. I didn't check the temperature, but it was nice to be out and was probably in the 60s (F) to 70s

I had another can of soup and then spent an hour surfing the web. Then I went to bed.

Thursday. Judy and I walked around the east loop and up to the Christensen's driveway and back for extra distance. We were out about 10 am. I didn't check the temperature before we left, but it felt like it was in the mid 60s (F) or so, and it was nice to be out.  There was a slight north breeze of about 5 mph or so. It is supposed to get hot this afternoon.

Friday.  Judy and I walked around the east loop, and then I went to the corner and back for additional distance. The sky was cloudy and the sun felt good when it came out from behind the clouds. We left about 9:35 am, and the temperature was in the mid 50s (F). There was a gusty north breeze with the gusts being about 5 mph. I felt pretty good when my walk was finished.

Judy spent the rest of the morning in her garden.  A bit of rain occurred later in the afternoon, but the rain didn't amount to much.

Saturday. While Judy was playing with our great grandchildren, I walked the east loop and then went to the Christensen's driveway and back. The temperature was in the mid 50s (F), and there was a mild south breeze of about 10 mph. I was tired when I quit walking, but I wasn't as tired as I was a few days ago. I need to do the same route and distances for a couple of weeks more so I get used to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment