Saturday, April 24, 2021

Weekly walking summary -- 3.075 miles this week

Monday. Judy and I walked around the east loop and also went a bit further, for a distance of 0.825 miles. We didn't stop to rest at the power box on Congressional, but we did stop for a few seconds along the stretch that is next to 98th South. The temperature was in the 40s (F), and there was a gusty south wind blowing. The wind gusts were about 15-20 mph. It was difficult to walk against the wind gusts, and I tried to slow down when going south. We were out earlier in the morning, about 10:00 am. It is nice to see the green lawns and early flowers after the light rain showers and snow flurries that soaked into the ground.

Tuesday. Judy and I walked half way to the corner and back for an additional distance of 0.4 miles. We went out about 12:30 pm. The temperature was in the low 60s (F). There was no breeze to speak of.

Wednesday. Judy and I walked the east loop, including a short rest stop on the power box on Congressional that I took, and then we went to the corner and back for extra distance. I had had my blood tested about 10 am that morning, and we went walking later in the day, about 2 pm. There was a slight gusty north breeze blowing; the gusts were about 10 mph. In the evening we drove go Provo and attended a wedding reception for James McKenzie, a grand nephew of Judy.

Thursday. Judy and I, as a rest day, walked the east loop, including a stop at the power box on Congressional for a minute or so. I was very tired when we completed the east loop.  We left home for our walk about 11 am, and the temperature when we left home was in the mid 40s (F). There was no breeze during our walk.

Friday. I walked around the east loop with brief rest stops twice along the segment next to 9800 South. I felt pretty good when I arrived home, much better than yesterday. The temperature was in the low 60s (F), and there was only a slight breeze blowing. 

Judy was outside working in our garden, and she didn't walk with me today.

Saturday: Today was a rest day, so I went up to the corner and back. The temperature was in the 50s, and a south breeze was blowing of about 10 mph. Judy was tending our great grand daughter while our grand daughter and her husband went shopping, and she didn't walk today.

No comments:

Post a Comment