Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Upped my distance to 1.5 miles

I ran 1.5 miles in the early evening as the sun was going down. I only had about 4 hours sleep last night, and I felt tired during the run. Instead of going out 0.75 miles and then returning to my car, I ran 0.25 miles, going south, and then returned to the parking lot. I then ran 0.3 miles, going north, and returned to the parking lot. I finished the run by going south about 0.2 miles and returning to the parking lot. I had forgotten my water bottle, so I kept doing shorter out/back runs to keep close by the parking lot and its water fountain. I had a good drink at the beginning and end of the run, and shorter drinks each time I reached the parking lot. The temperature, even though the sun was going down, was in the low 90s (F), and I wanted to keep the fountain nearby. Also, I felt tired, due to the lack of sleep last night, and if I were to abort the run, I wanted my car to be relatively close by. Even though I felt tired during the run, I continued with it and completed my planned 1.5 miles. I felt weak during the run but didn't get dizzy, thanks to the water fountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment