Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Did 1.4 miles again

I decided to skip breakfast and go running earlier in the morning to get the morning shade. I carried and drank my 1 cup of water, and I took a good drink from the fountain at the beginning and end of the workout. I didn't get dizzy, and I felt pretty good. I was glad to be out earlier in the morning, because it was hotter today than yesterday. The forecast for today is a max of 100 (F). Since I went earlier in the morning, the shade temperature was lower than the max and was in the mid 70s. I was really glad for the shade, because I could feel the cooler air in the shade. I went slow and took rest stops along the way, at the half-mile bench going out and coming back, and the quarter-mile bench on the way back. As I've said many times, I think the summer and winter are for survival, and the spring and fall are for increases in performance.

I will do 1.4 miles again on Saturday, and if I continue to feel good, I will go up to 1.5 miles next week.

I've been thinking of the dizziness I felt a couple of weeks ago, and it may have been from the heat since one of the symptoms of heat exhaustion is dizziness. The extra water I'm getting has been sufficient.

This, so far, has been a good month for power generation from the solar cells on my roof. The longer days during the spring have helped increase my solar power, but starting with today the days are getting shorter, and my solar power during should go down.

No comments:

Post a Comment