Monday, June 05, 2017

Increased my distance to 1.3 miles

I added a bit to my run and did 1.3 miles. I drank 1/2 cup of water before I left home and another 1.2 cup before I left my car and started my run. I carried (without my fuel belt) 1 cup of water and took a sip every time I walked. I had about 1/4 mile left when I ran out of water. I felt fine during the run and was not dizzy towards the end.

There were 48 cadets from the Police Academy doing a timed run on the path. To qualify, the cadets have to finish the 1.5 mile run in 15 minutes or less. The first runner came in while I was talking to the three men doing the timing, and she finished her run in 10+ seconds. I passed the cadets when I had about 1/4 mile left and they were just starting their run.

The shade temperature when I left home was 79 (F) and 81 when I returned home.

No comments:

Post a Comment