Saturday, July 02, 2016

Continued running 2.25 miles

My wife and I went to a church meeting at 7:30 this morning. We were home by 10 am. I took a nap, and then I went running, doing 2.25 miles with a ratio of 80:60 seconds for jogging and walking. I didn't see many runners or walkers on the path, but there were a lot of cyclists, including one 4 or 5 year old on a small bike.

The temperature during my run was in the high 80s (F), and it was hot. I was on the path at 12:30 pm, and there weren't many shady spots. Just the hot sun. The temperature given above was a shade temperature, and the temperature in the sun was probably close to 100. I carried three bottles of water (each bottle holding 1cup), and I drank 2 1/2 bottles. After I finished my run, I poured the last 1/2 bottle on my head to cool me off. I've always maintained that running in the summer and winter is for survival, and that was my goal today: just survive and return to my car. I took several rest breaks, and those breaks were longer than usual because of the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment