Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Ran 2.6 miles

I went running in the late afternoon and ran 2.6 miles. I didn't really increase my distance by 0.3 miles (the increase was about 0.1 miles); the numbers about distance reported in previous posts are a bit low, but the distance to the bench where I turned around is accurate, because I've checked that distance several times with my GPS. After I had gone 0.5 miles, the sun was down, but I got back to my car before it was dark. The temperature was 53 (F) when I left home and 48 when I returned. It's interesting that 48 degrees in the spring seems warm but 48 in the fall seems cold. It depends on what our bodies are used to. I ran from the trail head at 100 South and ran to the bench that is 0.3 miles past the 106th South overpass. I took no rest stops on the way out or on the way back. There was a 15 mph gusty wind during my run, the gusts coming from a cold front that is moving through the area. I wore 3 layers on my body, but I need to change to long-sleeved t-shirts.

I didn't have my two-phase timer, and I ran about 30 steps and walked about 50 steps, which corresponds to 25 seconds and 50 seconds, respectively. Some times I counted steps and sometimes I just picked out a tree or bush that was approximately that many steps in front of me.

The following picture was taken from the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment