Saturday, November 21, 2015

Ran/walked 1 hour 2 minutes

My wife and I drove to the trail-head at 100th South, and we went north. I ran/walked for 1 hour 2 minutes, going about the same distance (2.8 miles) that I've been going. I want to run this time several more times before I increase the time.

There were quite a few runners, walkers, and cyclists on the path. The temperature was in the mid 40s (F), the sky was sunny with no clouds, and it was another nice day to be out (no wind). I added 5 seconds to my walking and running, giving me 40 seconds running and 60 seconds walking. While I'm getting used to the total time, as mentioned above, I will also be getting used to the longer phases of running and walking. It's good for runners, especially older runners like me, to make small changes in distance and/or pace so our bodies can get used to the higher levels of activity.

I've been careless in not stretching very much before and after I run. I'm trying to get back to my practice of stretching, and I feel pretty good. I'm also getting 7 hours of sleep each night, and that helps, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment