Thursday, November 05, 2015

2.6 miles is the magic number this week

My wife, Judy, and I drove to the trailhead at 100th South and went south. She walked and I alternated walking and running; we each did 2.6 miles, going to the bench that is 0.3 miles south of 106th South. There were snow flurries while we traveled to the bench, but the air temperature was in the low 40s (F), and the snow melted as soon as it hit the ground. While going to the bench, we had the trail mostly to our selves; I only saw two walkers and one cyclist. On the way back, though, the snow flurries were gone, and more people were on the trail. I took no rest stops during the run.

This was the maiden run for a new pair of shoes (I will post a review of them on my training site at http://runninginjuryfree.org The shoes are the new ISO Triumph shoes from Saucony.

No comments:

Post a Comment