Saturday, January 25, 2014

Ran/walked about 1.5 miles plus rode Expresso bike for 2 miles

Our air was better today but still bad, so my wife and I returned to the rec gym. I rode 2 miles on the Expresso bike to warm up, and then I ran/walked for 30 minutes, about 1.5 miles. During my previous workout 2 days ago, I realized I was running too fast/long for my body condition, and I changed my run/walk times to 45 seconds running and 60 seconds walking. I used those times today. After I finished my workout, I changed my running time to 50 seconds and kept my walking time at 60 seconds. I'll try those times on Monday.

I prefer to do workouts on the Jordan River Parkway, because it is easier to do longer distances. I'm running out/back, and if I go 1.5 miles out, for example, I have to do 1.5 miles back to reach my car; I may be tired, but I still have to do the 1.5 miles back. In the rec gym, I'm doing short loops of about 0.1 miles on the indoor track, and it is easy to stop my workout if I get tired. To complete my workout in the rec gym, I must stick with my plan to run or walk xxx minutes, even though I may be getting tired. Of course, if I get really, really tired, I'll abort the workout. In the gym, this means I stop moving and go home. In the outdoors, this means I stop running and walk to my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment