Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Still tired but managed another 60-minute run

My wakeup heart rate was 57, so I went running. However, I was still tired and took several short rest breaks on the way back. Yesterday, I spent a good part of the day doing yard work, including mowing my lawns, and that caused my body to be tired today. Not only was there grass to be cut but lots of leaves to  be sucked up by the mower. The leaves meant that I had to empty the bag more often, and a full bag weighed more. I have to do the Fall rototilling of my vegetable gardens tomorrow and/or Friday, so I'll probably be tired on Saturday.

Today was another great Fall day with temperatures in the mod 60s during my run. However, it will start to cool tomorrow and Saturday with snow likely in the higher elevations.

4 comments:

  1. I miss running so very much and am inspired by your dogged 60 minute run although you are still tired...keep being a great example for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bruce, it's great to hear from you again! How you doing, friend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hanging tough, but cancer has now spread to my liver and also have a pathological spine fracture. Will be having an MRI this Friday for more details on my spine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Bruce, for the update. You've probably reached the same point in your running that I reached a few years ago. No more marathons for me. Probably no more half marathons. I may run a 5K now and then, but I'm so slow I'll come in last. But, that's OK. I enjoy my running and try to get out two or three times each week. I'm alternating running and walking, actually jogging and walking, and the frequent but brief walks help a lot.

    Are you still driving cabs? Are you able to walk around your neighborhood, or around your cab while waiting for a new passenger?

    ReplyDelete