Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Another 3.2 miles, mostly walking

My wakeup heart was 56, and I looked forward to a great run. However, while waiting for the temperature to get above freezing, I ate a heavy breakfast. I knew it would take a while for my stomach to adjust to the breakfast, so I planned on going out in early afternoon. I felt fine when I left for my run, but as soon as I started running, my stomach acted like it had the flu or something. After about 20 feet, I decreased my pace to a fast walk. I felt fine while walking, but I couldn't run very far. So, I walked most of the first mile. I could tell, though, that my spurts of running were getting longer. After about a mile and a half, my stomach felt fine, and I resumed my normal alternating of 55 seconds running and 55 seconds walking. The temperature during my run was in the low 40s (F), and it was a beautiful, sunny day. The snow on the ground is melting, and in a couple of days it will be gone. Today was another lesson that my breakfasts must be lighter and more easily digested. I thought 4 hours would be enough time between breakfast and my run, but it wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment