Monday, April 30, 2012

Added 5 minutes to my rest run/walk

I ran/walked, using my normal 3:10 running and 1:00 walking, for 35 minutes 20 seconds and covered 2.03 miles. This was slightly faster than my rest runs during the past two or three weeks. I didn't push myself to go faster. Instead, I just let my body control my pace. The temperature was in the low 60s (F), and it was a nice day for running. My wakeup heart rate was 56, slightly lower than it has been. I've been sleeping well for the past few days, and the extra sleep should bring my WHR down, although it usually takes two or three weeks of good sleep to bring my WHR down to my "normal" of 48-51.

I saw another garter snake slithering across the path. I stopped and watched it disappear into the bushes. It was about 18 inches long, and about as big in diameter as my ring finger.

Not too long after I arrived back home, a big truck delivered 7 yards of mulch. My wife and I spent the afternoon moving the mulch to our gardens. A neighbor lady and her two teenage children came and helped us. We got all of the mulch moved by 4:30, and I treated us with donuts and soda (how's that for a nourishing meal? NOT) Both my wife and I were really tired when we went into the house. I feel a little better now and hope I sleep well so my body can recover from today's strenuous activities....

No comments:

Post a Comment