Monday, April 23, 2012

I'm back into running/walking

Spring is here, and the temperature keeps going up and up. It was in the mid 70s (F) during my workout, and the max is expected to be in the mid 80s.

I haven't run for the past 9 days because my wakeup pulse rate has been high. It is still high, but it has started coming down. I ran/walked for 30 minutes and did 1.5 miles. A few weeks ago, I cut my time in half to see if that caused a change in the swelling of my calves. It didn't, and I think I will increase my distance a bit. This week, however, is a recovery week from my not running for the past 9 days. I had my timer set for 3:20 running and 1:00 walking, but I didn't follow the timer. I ran or walked according to how my body felt. Most of the time I ran for about 1:30 and walked for 1:30. I mentioned a few posts ago that South Jordan City installed a water fountain at the 10000 South entrance to the Parkway. The water is turned on, and I made good use of the fountain before and after my workout.

My problem with my pulse rate has been lack of sleep. I'm trying hard to go to bed earlier, but my body is used to waking up earlier than I want it to, and it will take a couple of weeks to get my internal clock back on a good schedule.

I found five golf balls during my workout this morning. They were past the end of the golf course and were over a fence and in a field. That field has been separated from the Parkway by a wire fence, but one of the fence posts is broken and the wire fence is on the ground, making it easy for me to go into the field. If the golf balls belong to the driving range, I throw them back onto the course. Otherwise, I keep them. I have almost two dozen golf balls that I've found in past runs. I don't play golf, so I don't have a great need for the balls, but my wife wants to use them in games when our grandchildren come for a visit. Her latest game is for the kids to bounce the golf balls into a can.

No comments:

Post a Comment