Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Today was a great day for running and walking

The temperature was in the mid 70s (F) during my run, and there was almost no wind. I wore my running shorts for the first time this year. I started the run with my nylon jacket, but I took the jacket off during most of the run. I started out using my usual 3:10 running and 1:0 walking, but about half way through, I did less running and more walking. I did 2 miles in about 35 minutes. It's nice having daylight savings time, because it gives me an extra hour of daylight in the late afternoon. It was almost 5 pm when I left home, and I still had quite a bit of daylight left when I finished.

I saw a group of Scouts and a few adults re-staining four of the benches that are on the Parkway trail.

My wakeup heart rate was high this morning, and it has been high for the past couple of weeks. We've had a lot of activities with our grandkids, and I haven't gotten as much sleep as I need. Yesterday, my son-in-law, three of his four kids, and I visited the new natural history museum at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, and I was on my feet for over 5 hours.

The forecast for the rest of the week is cooler temperatures and rain/snow showers (hopefully a lot of snow in the mountains).

No comments:

Post a Comment