Saturday, April 14, 2012

Ran/walked for 70 minutes

I completed 2.5 miles in the 70 minutes. I accompanied my wife during the first mile. I would run for 3:10 and then walk for about 1.5 minutes. When I stopped running, I would be about 200 feet in front of my wife, and I would walk back and meet her and then walk with her for a minute. She is a fast walker and walked almost as fast as I was running. After the mile, she went home, and I continued for another 1.5 miles. I didn't have much energy, and I had a hard time breathing. I had a big breakfast of buckwheat pancakes, and even though I didn't go running for about three hours after eating, my stomach was still full of pancakes. I did less running and more walking than I usually do.

We had some rain during the night and a few sprinkles during the morning, but the sprinkles stopped before my wife and I went outdoors. However, it started to sprinkle about 2 or 3 minutes before I went in the house. The temperature was in the high 40s (F). Some of the trees have had blossoms for a couple of weeks, but our fruit trees haven't blossomed yet. Some of the trees in the neighborhood have new leaves. It's been windy, cool, and wet for the past few days due to a storm front that is passing through the valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment