Thursday, April 26, 2012

Ran 58 minutes 10 seconds

I ran 3 miles in 58:10 and felt stronger than I did on Monday. I began running 3 minutes 20 seconds and walking 1 minute,  I soon, though, reduced the running to 3 minutes and the walking to 1 minute and 20 seconds. However, it wasn't long before I sensed the need to reduce my running again. At that point, I turned off my timer and ran or walked when my body told me it was time to change. There was a 3-5 mph headwind, and I was glad when I turned around and had that breeze as a tailwind. I did miss, though, the cooling effect of the headwind. The shade temperature was in the mid 70s (F), but the temperature in the direct sun was in the mid 80s. Most of the Parkway path is in the direct sun.

There is a storm front passing through, and that has  caused the temperature to be lower than last week. Rain was forecast for last night and today, but it didn't happen. Showers are forecast for tonight, and we may get a bit of snow as well.

The water flooding the path under the 10600 bridge has been removed, and the path has been cleaned of rocks and alge. Thanks to those responsible for the cleanup.

My wakeup heart rate is still high, so I'm not recording actual values. I am getting more sleep, and my heart rate is slowly coming down.

No comments:

Post a Comment