Saturday, March 10, 2012

Today was THE day for Running

Today was almost a perfect day for running. The temperature was in the mid 40s (F) when I left home and in the mid 50s when I returned. No wind to speak of. Lots of sun and lots of beautiful clouds in the sky. There were a lot of runners, walkers, kids, dogs, cyclists on the path. I guess I look pretty old, because several people said as they passed me that I was doing a great job. I was going pretty slow, so their compliments were geared more to my apparent age than anything else. One runner even held out his hand which I slapped as he went by.

My wakeup heart rate was 50. It has been in the range of 48-52 for almost a month. I've been making a special effort to get to bed earlier, and I've been getting a good 7 hours sleep each night. It's paid off in a significantly reduced wakeup heart rate as well as an old man who feels pretty good. I ran for 70 minutes and did 3.43 miles. I ran south from the South Jordan East Pavilion for 35 minutes and then returned. I was slower in returning, because I still had about half a mile when my time expired, and I just walked that last half-a mile. I took one two-minute break on the way down and two breaks on the way back. Obviously, I don't count the time of the breaks. For most of the run I did my 3 minutes 20 seconds and 60 seconds walking. On the way back I reduced the running a bit and increased the walking appropriately. When I got home I took a nap for an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment