Thursday, March 29, 2012

Had a good medium run/walk for 50 minutes

When I left home about 3 pm to go running, a few sprinkles of rain were occurring, but by the time I parked at the South Jordan East Pavilion, the sprinkles had stopped. The sky was overcast, and a light north wind was blowing. The temperature was pleasant, probably in the mid to high 60s (F).

I ran/walked (using my usual 3:20 running and 1:00 walking) for 50 minutes and completed 2.6 miles. I went south from the East Pavilion and turned around at the Draper City litter bin that is 1.3 miles from the East Pavilion. One runner passed me, and except for him I had the path all to myself. I felt good and had relatively high energy.

As I passed under the new bridge at 11400 South, I saw that the level of the Jordan River had gone down about a foot. I use the footings for the bridge for my gauge of the level of the river. I could also tell that the water level wasn't as high in the bushes on the river bank (on the Draper side of the river).

I saw two geese standing by the river. I assume one was male and one was female. As far as I could tell, they had the same color-scheme, but one was larger than the other one. I assume the male was the larger one. I've been wondering how to tell the gender of the geese, and maybe size is the way. With Mallard ducks, telling the gender is easy, because the females are all brown while the males have the characteristic color-scheme of the Mallard ducks.

No comments:

Post a Comment