Saturday, March 17, 2012

Ran 3.5 miles in my 70-minute run

I was out early this morning to avoid being out during an afternoon shower. I ran/walked for 70 minutes and completed 3.5 miles. There is a storm front going through Utah, and the wind was blowing at about 20 mph. I ran out and back on the north-bound segment of the Jordan River Parkway, and then I ran out and back on the south-bound segment between 100th South and 106th South. Running against the wind was really tough, and I slowed way down when going south to preserve my energy. Going north was easier because the wind was pushing me, and I went faster. After about 2 miles I took a one-minute break, and I took another break about half a mile later. I was going south against the wind when I took those breaks.

There were a lot of runners on the path, along with walkers and cyclists. I enjoyed being out. The sky was cloudy, and rain showers are expected this afternoon.

When I got home, I ate breakfast and then played Clue with my grand kids who are visiting today. My daughter will be in a concert this evening. She accompanies a Celtic musical group.

No comments:

Post a Comment