Wednesday, February 08, 2012

A nice 4.6 mile run in a light rain

A light rain started just as I got out of my car.  The rain was very light, and I didn't notice it. However, the path did get wet, so I know a mist was falling. I ran/walked 4.6 miles in 84 minutes. During the last half I got tired and did more walking. I did, though, use my 3 minutes running and 40 seconds walking for most of the distance. The sky was overcast, and the shade temperature was in the mid 40s (F) when I left home and in the high 30s when I finished my run.

I parked at the South Jordan East Pavilion and went south for 2.45 miles and then returned. This meant that I went under the new bridge at 11400 South, and that gave me a better view of the Jordan River. The river has increased its level since December. In fact, the water level today was only about 8-10 inches below the peak level last summer. The water level in the river is controlled by pumps at the north end of Utah Lake, and for some reason they are releasing more water into the river than they have in the past (extra water was released last year, too, in February. My guess is that the powers-that-be are lowering the level in the lake to make room for extra water that will flow into the lake during our Spring floods.

No comments:

Post a Comment