Friday, February 10, 2012

Did a tired 2.5 miles

I could tell as soon as I started running that my energy level was low. I kept on going, though, so I could see how I felt after I had warmed up. After I reached 1.3 miles, I turned around and headed back to my car. When I got to my car, I knew I had made the right decision about reducing the length of my run. I began the run using my 3 minute running and 40 seconds walking, but as I got tired I did more walking and less running. On the way back, I probably did about 1.5 minutes each.

The temperature was in the low 50s (F), a sunny sky with beautiful clouds, and quite a few people using the Parkway. During the first part of my run, while going South, I had a 3-5 mph head wind. The wind didn't slow me down much, but it did help to keep me cool, because when I turned around and headed back, I immediately became warm and took off my wind breaker. I still wore long pants even though the temperature was in the 50s.

My wakeup heart rate this morning and also yesterday morning was 56. I haven't been recording my HR for the past several weeks because it was above 60. I was glad yesterday and today to see the HR below 60. I've been sleeping well during the past several weeks, and that contributes a lot to a lower HR.

4 comments:

  1. I admire you for having the patience to work out. I'm very young and I need to stay healthy too but I'm only enthusiastic is the first week of running, but then I can't drag myself anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep up the good work Sir. there are only a few people in your age who are still active and have the drive to work out for their health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. long,

    Maybe you need to explore other forms of recreation? What ever you do, be passionate about it and let your passion be your motivation. Basketball? Cycling? Walking? Swimming? ???

    ReplyDelete
  4. itc,

    Thanks for the kind words. I'm still running because I enjoy it. Good health is a result not a cause of my running.

    ReplyDelete