Monday, February 06, 2012

A good start for the week with a strong 3.3 miles

Today I had my strongest run since my skin-cancer surgery three weeks ago. I ran 3.3 miles in 65 minutes, and I felt strong during the run. I used my 3-minutes running and 40 seconds walking during the run. I was out about 4 pm and the sun was just setting when I finished. The shade temperature was 38 (F) when I left home. Most of my run was in direct sun, and the warmth from the sun felt good. I remembered to take my gloves (cotton), and my hands felt fine during the run.

The doctor said no running for a week after the surgery, and I observed his advice. I've been conservative in getting back into running. I did some walking with my wife, and I did short 2-mile runs. Then last week, I did my first 3-mile run, and I repeated that today. I think that for Wednesday I'll aim for 4.5 miles, an increase in distance of one mile. 

I saw several cyclists, several walkers with dogs, and two runners. Most people are exercising earlier in the day. The weather forecast looks good for the rest of the week with highs in the mid 40s. I've been sleeping good for the past few weeks, and that really helps a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment