Monday, November 21, 2011

A nice 60-minute Rest Run

In the late afternoon I had a nice 60-minute rest run, doing 3.3 miles. I finished the run just as it was getting dark. The temperature during the run was in the high 40s (F), and it was another nice day for running. I didn't press for speed or distance. I just enjoyed myself and let the run be a true rest-run.

I forgot both my 2-phase timer and my GPS, so I just ran for what seemed a couple of minutes and then walked for a short distance. I used my wristwatch to measure total time, and I knew the distance because I've run that route many times and know the distance to various points.

Because I ran at dusk, I saw a lot of geese flying in their typical V-formation. I also saw quite a few ducks settling down on the river for the night. And, I saw many Robins. I usually see a few Robins, but today I saw them practically everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment