Wednesday, November 17, 2010

With all of the ups and downs in running, it's nice to be on an up

I ran 5.5 miles again. Instead of going south, as I've been doing, I went north. It is 1.5 miles round-trip going north, and I ran that three times, for 4.5 miles. Then I went south for 0.5 miles and back, giving me a total of 5.5 miles. I used my normal ratio of 96 left-foot-steps running and 66 lfs walking for the whole distance. I did sit down several times for a minute each, not because my body or legs were tired, but because my hips and later my shoulders were a bit sore. I think I went a little faster than I've been doing, but I didn't have my GPS with me and, I don't know my actual pace. I'm not pushing my body to go faster; my body sets its own pace.

My wakeup heart rate was 55, and I felt fine (energy and legs) before, during, and after my run. The sky was cloudy, mostly overcast, and the temperature was in the mid 40s (F). There was a 10 or so mph wind blowing. The wind wasn't much of a problem, though, due to trees and bushes that line most of the path on the northward segment that I used.

The dog that I rescued on Monday ran past me while I was doing the 0.5 miles southbound. After I got back to my car, the dog appeared again. I whistled at him, and he came, sniffed my leg, and galloped away in the direction of his home. The 5-foot leash wasn't connected to him. I'm beginning to think that his owner turns him lose on purpose, because the 5-foot lease was fastened to his collar with a sturdy clip that wouldn't likely come lo0se by itself.

1 comment:

  1. Either the owner turns him loose on purpose, or you're having your own "Groundshog Day" movie experience.

    ReplyDelete