Saturday, November 13, 2010

An OK run for 5.5 miles

I ran/walked the same route that I used on Wednesday. This time, however, my legs felt tired during the run, especially the last half. When I started feeling tired, I reduced my running from 96 left-foot steps (slightly more than a minute) to 45-50 lfs. A few minutes after I reduced my running, I stopped counting steps during my walks and just walked until I felt ready to run again. Running for shorter periods helps a lot when I get tired.

It was about 10:00 when I started running, and the temperature was in the high 30s (F). The sun came out, and I had to take my nylon jacket off due to getting too warm. However, about half an hour later, the sun was back behind clouds, and I put my jacket on and kept it on for the rest of the run. I didn't record my wakeup heart rate this morning, but it was 56 yesterday.

While driving home, I heard a radio report of the storm that hit the midwest with 10 inches of snow. I was glad that I wasn't running in that snow. The Utah ski resorts opened their new season today, and a lot of people are enjoying the 15-24 inches of snow up there.

I saw quite a few geese in the field that I mentioned in my previous post, but not nearly as many as I saw there on Wednesday. I'm surprised that the geese are staying here this late in the year. It will be interesting to see if they spend the winter here.

1 comment:

  1. My goodness, 5.5 miles! It's been a lo-o-o-ong time since I've been on here (or on any blog, including my own!) but I think the last time I visited, 3 miles was the norm. Come to think about it, I bet it's been almost two years since I've opened blogger.com. Great to see the posts are still coming in, and wow - congrats on that mileage!

    ReplyDelete