Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ran a tired and hot 1.5 miles

I've only been getting 5 to 5 1/2 hours of sleep for the past several nights, so I planned and did run a short distance. I left home about 11:30 am, and the temperature was in the mid 80s (F). I felt fine during the first mile, but I was quite tired at the end of the 1.5 miles. I didn't bring any water with me, and that didn't help things.

The Jordan River is about a foot lower than it has been during the past week. I saw several Canadian geese in the river, but I didn't see any goslings. Also, I've been looking for the Rock Chucks and their babies (what ever they are called) in the rocks at the turn-around point of the northward segment of the Parkway, but I didn't see them. I know they are there, because I saw them a couple of weeks ago, but they seem to stay inside their borrow during the hot part of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment