Saturday, June 26, 2010

Had a great 2.5 mile run

I ran 2.5 miles again on the Jordan River Parkway. I felt fine for 2 miles but started getting tired during the last half mile. My wakeup heart rate was down to 57. I was out running by 9 am, and the temperature was in the 60s (F) with beautiful clouds in the sky. I really enjoyed the shade on the path.

During my last mile, I saw a lot of people on the path. Women pushing babies. Women and men walking dogs. Walkers. Cyclists, joggers. They all seemed to know each other, and I found out later that it was a church group having a fun run. They went 3.4 miles. One young boy, about 8, was having trouble breathing. As I passed the adults who were walking with him, I suggested that they slow him down. After I finished my run, I asked about the boy and found out that I was talking with his mother. She told me her son hadn't run farther than a mile, but his friends were ahead of him, and he was trying to catch up with him. He apparently had asthma or something, because he uses an inhaler. He had forgotten to bring the inhaler with him, and that meant he couldn't breath very well. His mother was passing out water cups at the mid-way point, and the boy stayed with her and didn't attempt to walk back.

No comments:

Post a Comment