Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Ran 2.5 miles along the canal

I added a bit to my run so I would get to a big, giant cottonwood tree that is next to the canal. The tree is about 8 feet in diameter and is right on the edge of the canal. The roots probably suck a lot of water from the canal. I'm guessing the tree is 150 years old and was probably one of the first trees planted by the pioneers. It was probably in the early 1850s when the pioneers settled in the southern end of the valley.

I felt fine during and after my run (I wasn't sure how I would feel today, because I was pretty tired yesterday from mowing extra-long lawns and edging). My wakeup heart rate was 57 this morning, down from 61-62 that I've had for the past couple of weeks. I've been getting a good 7 hours of sleep each night, and my body is finally starting to relax. There was a 15-20 mph wind blowing during my run, and it is now blowing harder than that. The weather map shows thundershowers today during the afternoon and evening, with good weather after that.

The ducklings that I saw on Monday were still in the canal today, and I took some video of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment