Monday, June 14, 2010

Ran 2.4 miles along a canal

For my run this morning I ran along a canal instead of on the Jordan River Parkway. It's been several years since I ran the maintenance road along a canal, and it was nice to do the canal again. Not much has changed since I last ran the canal. A few houses have been built, and a few fences installed.

I saw quite a few ducks in the canal, including several batches of ducklings. Some of the ducklings were quite large, about 1/3 the size of the mother. Other ducklings were born later in the spring and were very small.

The temperature was in the 60s with lots of sunshine and beautiful clouds in the blue sky. Another great day to be outside. Vegetable gardens are doing well. In another week we'll have the summer solstice, and then the darkness of night will slowly creep upon us.

No comments:

Post a Comment