Thursday, April 29, 2010

During my run I saw a sure sign of Spring

I saw two pairs of quail while I was running. I don't know why, but I never see quail during the winter. I do see them during the rest of the year. It won't be long until I see mothers with their young ones. Hmmm... I wonder what baby quail are called.

Another sure sign of Spring that I've seen a lot lately is the Robins. Robins are one the first signs of Spring.

The canals have water in them, about 2 weeks earlier than normal. Another sign that the water-management-people are trying to reduce the level in Utah Lake to make room for a lot of runoff water from melting snow in the mountains. As I drove past one canal, I saw a duck in the water. The duck was a couple hundred feet away, and I couldn't tell if it was male or female.

The level in the Jordan River is a couple of inches higher than it was on Monday. The rock I mentioned on Monday is covered with water, while on Monday the level was just at the top of the rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment