Monday, April 19, 2010

Did 3.5 miles again

I ran the 3.5 mile route again using Galloway's 30:30 ratio for the first mile and 15:15 to 15:25 for the remaining miles. The 30:30 ratio (45 steps running and 33 steps walking) means I end up running 2 miles and walking 1.5 miles. Since I've been increasing my distance, I'd like to keep my speed constant. However, I think that as my body has gotten stronger, I've been running faster. What ever the reason, I've been pretty tired during the past couple of weeks at the end of the 3.5 miles. I'm going to level off at that distance for a while so my body can get used to it.

My wakeup heart rate was 56. My weight has dropped 2 pounds, but I'm still 8 pounds over my pre-blood-clot weight.

Today was a great day with the temperature in the 70s (F). Tomorrow will be another great day, but thunderstorms are expected in the evening (I hope so, we need the rain). Snow showers are predicted for Wednesday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment