Saturday, February 27, 2010

Ran 4 miles again on a warm day

The temperature was about 60 (F) during my run. Cloudy, a 5-10 mph breeze, a perfect day for walking or running slow. I wore two layers and was starting to get too warm towards the end.

My wakeup heart rate was 57. That surprised me, because I've only been getting 6-6 1/2 hours of sleep per night this week. I have a Hiatal hernia in my throat that allows stomach acid to come into my throat. It's not a problem when I'm standing or sitting upright, but it is a problem if I lie down within 2-3 hours after I eat. I take a bunch of pills in the morning and at night. Except for Warfarin, taken to reduce my risk of blood clots, the pills are natural stuff for nutrition, cholesterol control, and vein health. I usually take the pills after I eat, so the 2-3 hours that I mentioned above is the period after taking the pills. I often forget to take the pills soon after I eat supper and end up taking them around 9 or 10 pm. That means that I'm up until midnight or 1 or 2 am. So, I was surprised but pleased that my heart rate was below 60. I did expect that I would get tired as I ran, due to the sleep deficit, and that happened. I ran about half the distance and walked the other half.

I'm starting to get used to the 4 miles, in that I don't feel dragged out like I did when I first ran that distance late last Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment