Monday, February 22, 2010

4 miles today

I felt good this morning and later during my run. Yesterday my wakeup heart rate was 61, and this morning it was 58 -- a big improvement from the 66 I had during my cold a few days ago. I left for my run about 11:30. The sun temperature was 41 (F), and the shade temperature was probably in the mid 30s. There was a cold wind of about 10 mph, a tail wind going out and a head wind coming back.

During my first mile, I ran about 2/3 of the distance and ran in spurts of 1/4 mile, with short walks between the runs. My average pace, as given my my GPS, during this mile was 16:35. During my second mile, I walked about half the distance, and my pace was 18:30. During my 3rd and 4th miles my pace was 20:43. The slower paces as the run progressed shows that I was walking more and/or that I was running slower. I don't think I was running slower, and I know that I was walking more.

Everything considered, it was a good run, and after last week of mostly resting while I recovered from a cold, it was nice to get out again.

3 comments:

  1. I've been following you for quite a while now, and I'd like to say congrats. You did a good job today, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem, Allen. You're strength is very inspirational, and as I said, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete